Commerce Executives Society
The need to raise annual unrestricted funds to support and enhance
the daily efforts of The Culverhouse College of Commerce and Business
Administration is critical. The College is increasingly operating on a
private financial model as we fund ourselves from philanthropy,
executive education and sponsored
The Commerce Executives Society (CES), the Annual Fund for the College, plays an important role in that model. Gifts to CES can be used immediately to help bridge the gap and move integral programs forward. CES provides additional dollars to ensure every Culverhouse student receives a
superior education by providing the resources and experiences that separate our students from the competition.
The Importance of Participation:
The Commerce Executives Society provides resources to fund high-priority initiatives of the College.
It helps invigorate our innovations in academic programs and student and alumni services; it builds our competitiveness in attracting the best students and faculty; it supports communications outreach and cutting edge initiatives; it gives us the flexibility to pursue new opportunities at the moment they appear.
When Culverhouse graduates give back to their alma mater, it shows
how proud they are of their program and this loyalty translates into
even better opportunities for the college. In fact, Culverhouse’s alumni
giving percentage is a factor in determining our ranking in national
publications, increasing the
value of your degree. This in turn helps us attract quality students and corporate recruiters and plays an important role in securing grant money from various corporations and foundations. As you can see, every gift is important, regardless of its size.
How does my gift to The Commerce Executives Society help the college?
CES gifts make an immediate impact by supplementing day to day operating expenses and providing consistent funds for future planning. CES gifts impact the college in these important ways:
- Providing current Culverhouse students with much needed scholarship support
- Recruiting the best and brightest students who push the standard for achievement higher than ever
- Enabling the college to attract and retain outstanding faculty dedicated to leading the pursuit of excellence in educational and personal development
- Providing enriching opportunities to enhance the classroom experience and produce graduates that are ready for the workforce
- Engaging our alumni through events on and off campus
- Greatest need allows the Dean to direct your annual support to the area where funding is needed most.